Friday, February 27, 2015



“Non-Violence” (also known as “The Knotted Gun”) is a pro-peace sculpture by Swedish artist Carl Fredrik Reuterswärd, designed in late 1980 and inspired by the shooting death of his pal, John Lennon. It was given to the UN by the government of Luxembourg in 1988.

What I see when I look at this sculpture is someone trying to say NO to violence. I see someone who doesn't believe that using a gun is something necessary. And I agree 100% with them. 
The sculpture depicts a 45-caliber revolver with its barrel knotted into a bullet-blocking twist, an idea normally confined to 2D reality in newspaper editorial cartoons.

These are just a few other Sculptures I liked:
worlds-most-creative-statues-6

 

1 comment:

  1. The twisted gun I can relate to. I love it and what it represents. As long as that gun is twisted, it cant be used to harm others. Great structure.

    ReplyDelete